I have seen a lot of the people in my dash tumbling a pretty cool pic “Yes We Camp” So I decided to hunt down some more info on it.
Occupy Wallstreet/Yes We Camp
On the 17th of September, we want to see 20,000 people to flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices and we will not leave until that demand has been met.
Like our brothers and sisters in Egypt, Greece, Spain, and Iceland, we plan to use the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic of mass occupation to restore democracy in America. We also encourage the use of nonviolence to achieve our ends and maximize the safety of all participants.
Who is Occupy Wall Street?
Occupy Wall Street is leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%.
The original call for this occupation was published by Adbusters in July; since then, many individuals across the country have stepped up to organize this event, such as the people of the NYC General Assembly and US Day of Rage. There’ll also be similar occupations in the near future such as October2011 in Freedom Plaza, Washington D.C.
When our leaders can no longer be trusted, it becomes the duty of the people to fight for social justice. The Arab Spring tactic has proven itself effective in forcing governments to bow to the will of the people. We believe this tactic can also work in America. All we have to do is show up in large numbers, block traffic, not turn into a violent mob and most importantly—not go home the next day. But to be fair, this is easier said than done.
What Is This “One Demand”?
What we demand from our government is for the people to decide through democratic consensus, not this website. A Facebook poll started by Adbusters suggests the demand might be an end to corporate personhood.
Mission Source: https://occupywallst.org/
Posted on Tuesday, 30 August
Tagged as: Anon Anonymous Corporate Personhood Occupy Wall St Occupy Wall Street OccupyWallStreet Sept17 Us Day Of Rage Wall Street Yes We Camp New York New York New York NYC US USA
- je-laisse-aller reblogged this from ocelott
- grot3zk0 reblogged this from pickmitas
- grot3zk0 likes this
- pickmitas reblogged this from ocelott
- anamelikedanicalifornia reblogged this from ocelott
- anatema likes this
- iamangelofthelord reblogged this from lophophorawilliamsii
- morosemotherfucker likes this
- stil reblogged this from ocelott
- yemerrycomrade likes this
- tailspin likes this
- ceilingwalker likes this
- werejustmotherfuckingkids likes this
- lophophorawilliamsii reblogged this from ocelott
- ocelott reblogged this from chaosnewsinc
- ebol4 reblogged this from chaosnewsinc
- gemshines reblogged this from wizardparadox
- gemshines likes this
- wizardparadox reblogged this from chaosnewsinc
- wizardparadox likes this
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from chaosnewsinc
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- pipeschapman likes this
- hellsunicorn likes this
- ellis-deigh said: tent cities actually are the answer…there needs to be a Million Hobo March….right onto wall street.
- ellis-deigh likes this
- chaosnewsinc posted this